Ever heard of sealing Henna? Does your henna just flake off after several minutes or hours? After several humble requests to demonstrate the need to seal your henna, here is a quick blog post. As you may have noticed before, I always reiterate the need for after care of your henna. Well it start's right here! In order to gain a dark henna stain anywhere on your body, you must seal the henna so it's sticks on to the skin for as long as possible, allowing the henna to stay in contact with the skin for a long time.
What you Need:
- Lemon Juice
- Sugar (Granulated/Brown Sugar)
How to Seal Henna:
- Use a small bowl
- Add 5-20ml of lemon juice depending on how big the design. Usually a full palm of henna will be covered with 10ml of lemon juice.
- Add 1-4 teaspoons of sugar (1tsp being enough for 5-10ml)
- Heat for 5 seconds in the Microwave or leave lemon juice to room temperature before application of henna. (Always have this mixture prepared, henna can dry pretty quick on a warm body)
- Mix well together
- Use a face cotton pad rather than a cotton ball and dip it into the lemon juice mixture
- Check if henna is dried or very close to drying (so make sure henna is still on the body and not flaking)
- Squeeze excess mixture and dab onto henna. You can repeat this method 2 times after a 1-2 hours interval.